Talon Construction – Setting the standard for home renovation construction. We believe that every member of the business community has not only the opportunity but the obligation to set the standard and expectation by which we as members are all measured. We will continue to build our business through referrals, satisfied customers, and the community. Accordingly, we have adopted the following to guide our thoughts, actions, and policies.
We pledge to:
Practice comprehensive techniques, procedures and applications to efficiently perform the highest quality construction, renovation, and remodeling services for all of our valued customers at fair prices.
Conduct all of our business affairs in a professional and ethical fashion.
Promote a strong set of morals and values; personally and professionally, at home and at work.
Provide leadership in business and industry while making a positive contribution to our community.
To also give back to the local community which has fostered our success, and to be charitable in our thoughts, words, and actions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The following Code of Conduct is to be strictly adhered to by all Talon Construction employees, suppliers, and subcontractors while on any Talon Construction job site or customer’s property.
- Always leave a customer’s property (house, lawn, and job-site) in better condition than when you found it.
- Treat a customer’s property BETTER than your own.
- Smoking is prohibited in a customer’s home or addition at all times. Under no circumstances shall smoking debris (butts) be discarded on the ground. Take them with you.
- Bathroom privileges shall be respected and not abused, and the facilities shall be left as clean as, or cleaner than found.
- Finished floors in living areas or paths of access/egress shall be covered for protection.
- Job site shall be left broom-clean at the end of each workday. Debris shall be cleaned up and excess debris removed from the site. All trades are responsible for the removal of their own debris daily.
- At the conclusion of each business day, tools shall be disconnected, placed in a designated area, and the customer notified accordingly. Every precaution shall be made to prevent customer’s children from accessing tools or dangerous items.
- Profanity is prohibited on customer’s property.
- Service entrances shall be used whenever possible. Front doors and formal rooms shall be avoided whenever possible.
- Children shall not be allowed on job sites (including customer’s children)
- Whenever possible and practicable, construction vehicles shall be parked on the street or in such a fashion as to not obstruct customer’s access and egress to home/garage. Unloading activity is permitted and shall be completed as expeditiously as possible.
- Offensive clothing (revealing, dirty or containing offensive graphics or language) is prohibited at all times.
- Food debris and wrappers from “breaks” and lunch shall be immediately placed in appropriate containers.
- All changes in the Scope of Work are to be immediately reported to the office and are not to be executed without office and written customer approval.
- Use or possession of illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages is STRICTLY PROHIBITED at all times during the workday, on or off the job-site.
- Talon Construction, Inc. is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace. Job sites are considered company workplaces and are subject to the same requirements at all times.
- Job-sites shall be left secured at the end of each workday. Customer shall be notified if the site cannot be left locked and secured.
- Shirts must be worn at all times by construction personnel except for framing and roofing activities during the summer months. Shorts are permissible during the summer months, providing they are neat and clean.
CUSTOMER BILL OF RIGHTS
The following is offered to you in an effort to clearly state the principles and ideals which govern all of us at Talon Construction, Inc. in our relationships with our customers.
As consumers, we often times find ourselves dissatisfied with the way we are treated as individuals. The lack of professionalism, consistent poor quality, disinterest, discourtesy and bad service have become all too common, and too commonly accepted as normal in our society.
Accordingly, included below are the items and rights we believe to be the inalienable rights of our customers. We expect our suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to be held to account, just as if employed by Talon Construction, Inc. We also expect to be held individually accountable whenever we fail to act in a fashion consistent with or deny these rights to any customer.
As a Talon Construction customer:
- You are entitled to be treated with friendliness, honesty, courtesy, and respect.
- You are entitled to the full value for your money. When you purchase our services, you should do so knowing that it was a good buy, at a fair price, and represents value for the dollar.
- You are entitled to be proud of your new home, addition, basement, garage or renovation project.
- You are entitled to prompt knowledgeable answers to your questions, and to speak with the appropriate contact so the question can be resolved immediately and in the most mutually satisfactory manner possible. As your professional contractor, we want to be accessible to you and value your concerns, comments, and questions.
- You should know that your complete satisfaction was our goal from the time we first met and continues to be today.